Software Test Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Employee Type: Full-time, Exempt
Job Category: Engineering
About Reflexion Health:
Founded in 2012, Reflexion Health is a pioneer in the digital healthcare space. Our signature solution, VERA™, is an FDA-cleared virtual exercise rehabilitation assistant (an avatar!) that detects motion and remotely monitors the effectiveness of prescribed physical therapy in real-time. We see the potential of leveraging technology to deliver patient-centered care and our talented team works together around the world to make it happen.
About the Role:
The Software Test Engineer is responsible for developing tests plans, test cases, test scripts, and test automation for front-end, API, and back-end systems of VeraHome and VeraClinic applications.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute test scenarios, test scripts, test cases, and test results documentation.
- Develop test automation using Selenium WebDriver or similar for web-based application, supporting cross-browser environments.
- Contribute to development of unit tests, integration tests, API tests, data validation, security testing, etc.
- Identify tools, strategies, and additional project candidates for automated test coverage across front- and back-end product development. Create automation supporting development against embedded software applications such as Unity.
- Design and execute acceptance testing, both manual and automated, as an embedded member of an agile software development team.
- Design regression tests for functional and implementation requirements, identifying automation candidates and strategies where applicable.
- Advocate for software quality as a member of the Software Development organization, with in an FDA-regulated framework.
- Work with engineering team to improve process and product quality in the spirt of continual improvement.
- Work with non-engineering stakeholders to understand product, business, and clinical requirements for software development projects and ensure those requirements are being met throughout the development cycle.
- Maintain test case suites within Test Management system (Jama).
- Log, track, and drive to resolution software defects in bug tracking system (Jira).
Skills We'd Like To See:
- Exhibited experience writing test cases, test plans, bugs, and other documentation relevant to software testing.
- Experience isolating and troubleshooting bugs.
- Programming experience in Java, C#, or other language.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL queries, database testing a plus.
- Experience with API testing is a plus.
- Strong ability to communicate software engineering ideas and issues clearly.
- Familiarity with testing as part of an agile development team a plus.
- Ability to work well with technical and non-technical teams. Any experience in medical products will be considered a plus.
- Prior experience as Software Tester, Quality Assurance Engineer, or Test Engineer, through at least one complete product life cycle.
Requires Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Information Technology (IT), Software Development, Mathematics or other related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Our Awesome Perks!
- Generous PTO available immediately to all new hires
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Monthly commuter stipend up to $130 for parking, public transit, or UberPool
- We pay 100% of employee insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) premiums (and 80% of dependent premiums)
- 401k Plan
- Casual Environment
- Company volunteer days
- Awesome downtown office location - Lots of sun and views!
- Tons of team events (in and out of office)
- Fully stocked drinks, fruit, and snacks!
- Mac or PC - you choose!
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings including partnerships with local gyms and in-office yoga