Sr. Director Payor / Provider Relations
Location: San Diego, CA
Employee Type: Full-time, Exempt
Job Category: Sales
About Reflexion Health:
Founded in 2012, Reflexion Health is a pioneer in the digital healthcare space. Our signature solution, VERA™, is an FDA-cleared virtual exercise rehabilitation assistant (an avatar!) that detects motion and remotely monitors the effectiveness of prescribed physical therapy in real-time. We see the potential of leveraging technology to deliver patient-centered care and our talented team works together around the world to make it happen. Follow us on Twitter @ReflexionHealth or check out our website to learn more about our amazing impact and growth.
About the Role:
Reflexion Health is looking for a leader to develop and maintain payer network relationships and recommend, negotiate and implement contracting strategies to improve company performance. The Senior Director will work with the executive team to develop and execute the overall payer strategy and philosophy. He or she will be well positioned for career growth and management responsibilities as our team grows. The leader chosen for this position should be a positive, high energy, self-starter who can roll up their sleeves and represent Reflexion Health in the payer community with integrity and enthusiasm.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement strategic plan for payer channel.
- Lead contract negotiations with aligned strategic payers.
- Develop and manage payer relationships, keeping strategic partners informed of RH product developments.
- Act as a reimbursement expert for the company, informing key stakeholders of changes in the insurance landscape that would impact company growth objectives.
- Facilitate webinars, focus groups, and other forums to promote the benefits of the RH digital rehabilitation program.
- Work with RH leadership to develop payer-specific marketing tools.
- Understand clinical and economic data to tailor collateral to specific payers and/or providers.
- Follow up with payers to cull and analyze claims data and facilitate the publication of significant findings, including cost savings and patient outcomes.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales and revenue forecasts and other reports as needed.
Skills / Requirements We'd Like To See:
- Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 10 years of healthcare experience, 5 in the payer/managed care environment.
- Reimbursement knowledge and experience in orthopedics, post acute care, or digital health space preferred.
- Understanding of US coding, coverage, and payment system and the internal organizations of payers, including the value based environment.
- Ability to successfully negotiate, build consensus and bring complicated deals to closure
- Strong customer focus with building relationships, issue identification and resolution, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Ability to operate independently and handle multiple projects with a high degree of initiative.
- Highly organized, strategic thinker with excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and strong analytic skills, software and technology around Saas, CRM, and EMR.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Our Awesome Perks!
- Generous PTO available immediately to all new hires
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Monthly commuter stipend up to $130 for parking, public transit, or UberPool
- We pay 100% of employee insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) premiums (and 80% of dependent premiums)
- 401k Plan
- Casual Environment
- Company volunteer days
- Awesome downtown office location - Lots of sun and views!
- Tons of team events (in and out of office)
- Fully stocked drinks, fruit, and snacks!
- Mac or PC - you choose!
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings including partnerships with local gyms and in-office yoga