Software Test Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Employee Type: Full-time, Exempt
Job Category: Engineering
About Reflexion Health:
Founded in 2012, Reflexion Health is a pioneer in the digital healthcare space. Our signature solution, VERA™, is an FDA-cleared virtual exercise rehabilitation assistant (an avatar!) that detects motion and remotely monitors the effectiveness of prescribed physical therapy in real-time. We see the potential of leveraging technology to deliver patient-centered care and our talented team works together around the world to make it happen.
About the Role:
We're looking for a dynamic individual to lead our software test team. The position requires a person who is excited about working in a FDA-compliant medical device company, testing a variety of software applications using: gaming technologies, Amazon Web Services, Biometric Systems, Mobile Applications, and more.
What You'll Do:
This role is responsible for leading testing and troubleshooting of our company applications to ensure quality and compliance of new and existing software. This individual will be responsible for the development, maintenance and execution of test plans, creating high-level strategies, and creating the test team quality procedures. You will be leading internal and external teams throughout the software development lifecycle to verify and validate the software implementation. You will work closely with the software and hardware development teams to establish requirements and acceptance criteria in a continues integration environment. This position reports to the Vice President of Engineering.
- Create and maintain test group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) with a focus on continuous integration.
- Scrum coordination with development team and test team.
- Manage sprint planning and standup meetings.
- Ensure adherence to the SOPs to maintain compliance to corporate and regulatory standards.
- Define and manage development of automated test software.
- Hardware/Software integration testing.
- Analyze and document defects, providing sufficient explanation on defects and impacts.
- Develop metrics to measure testing effectiveness and support continuous improvement.
- Implementation of a workflow standard for the full project life-cycle.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to QA Team
- Status reporting.
- BS degree, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5 to 10 yrs of relevant software testing experience.
- Ability to create Test SOPs to comply with quality requirements.
- Working knowledge of Jira for bug tracking, sprint planning, and status reporting.
- Experience with Jama or similar requirements tracking tool.
- Experience using Jama, or willingness to learn, for test case creation and execution.
- Detail oriented and a problem solver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Experience writing test plans, test cases, conduct manual tests.
- Project planning experience.
- Medical devices software testing experience or development experience.
- Hardware testing experience.
- Knowledge of full stack web development.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience with building and executing system performance, application security tests and various functional tests.
Our Awesome Perks!
- Generous PTO available immediately to all new hires
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Monthly commuter stipend up to $130 for parking, public transit, or UberPool
- We pay 100% of employee insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) premiums (and 80% of dependent premiums)
- 401k Plan
- Casual Environment
- Company volunteer days
- Awesome downtown office location - Lots of sun and views!
- Tons of team events (in and out of office)
- Fully stocked drinks, fruit, and snacks!
- Mac or PC - you choose!
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings including partnerships with local gyms and in-office yoga