Software Test Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Employee Type: Full-time, Exempt
Job Category: Engineering
About Reflexion Health:
Founded in 2012, Reflexion Health is a pioneer in the digital healthcare space. Our signature solution, VERA™, is an FDA-cleared virtual exercise rehabilitation assistant (an avatar!) that detects motion and remotely monitors the effectiveness of prescribed physical therapy in real-time. We see the potential of leveraging technology to deliver patient-centered care and our talented team works together around the world to make it happen.
About the Role:
The Software Test Engineer is responsible for developing tests plans, test cases, test scripts, and test automation for front-end, API, and back-end systems of VeraHome and VeraClinic applications.
**Note: Reflexion Health is currently not able to sponsor applicants for work visas
- Create and maintain test automation for API and Web-based applications and other software features
- Develop and execute test scenarios, test scripts, test cases, and test results documentation
- Create test strategies and risk evaluation documentation
- Provide detailed, clear results from automated and manual testing efforts
- Participate in, and provide feedback for, requirement and user story review
- Design and execute acceptance testing, both manual and automated, as an embedded member of an agile software development team
- Identify regression tests for functional and implementation requirements, identifying automation candidates and strategies where applicable
- Partner with non-engineering stakeholders to understand product, business, and clinical requirements for software development projects and ensure those requirements are being met throughout the development cycle
- Assist with review of test cases, test plans, automation scripts and defects
- Determine risks, and proposes mitigation plans and escalates to management team, as needed
- 3 years or more of software testing experience
- Programming experience in Java, C#, or other object-oriented language
- Experience with relational databases, SQL queries, database testing a plus
- Experience with API testing
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with testing as part of an agile development team
- Experience in medical product testing
Requires Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Information Technology (IT), Software Development, Mathematics or other related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Our Awesome Perks!
- Generous PTO available immediately to all new hires
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Monthly commuter stipend up to $130 for parking, public transit, or UberPool
- We pay 100% of employee insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) premiums (and 80% of dependent premiums)
- 401k Plan
- Casual Environment
- Company volunteer days
- Awesome downtown office location — Lots of sun and views!
- Tons of team events (in and out of office)
- Fully stocked drinks, fruit, and snacks!
- Mac or PC — you choose!
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings including partnerships with local gyms and in-office yoga