Systems Engineer - Windows Automation, IoT
Location: San Diego, CA
Employee Type: Full-time, Exempt
Job Category: Engineering
Reflexion Health is seeking a highly motivated and driven Systems Engineer who has a passion for Windows automation and IoT technologies. The Systems Engineer will be critical to the success of our IoT products and customer-facing infrastructure in addition to the support of our internal engineering teams.
Reflexion Health is a digital healthcare company dedicated to bringing physical therapy home, leveraging innovations in technology and clinical delivery to offer a patient-centered, data-driven and value-based solution for home-based physical recovery. A fusion of healthcare and video game technologies, Reflexion Health presents a unique opportunity for the Systems Engineer who is looking to apply their skills in an environment that demands a high level of ownership. Our services team embraces Infrastructure as Code and DevOps culture.
Cover letters preferred. Applicants must be willing to submit demonstrations of skills through coding challenges as part of the screening process.
- Lead the Windows automation, Infrastructure as Code initiatives for internal, customer-facing systems and IoT devices.
- Build and scale Windows IoT solutions inclusive of security, field updates, and remote management.
- Work closely with hardware engineering team to ensure alignment of hardware with operating system customizations and software deployment.
- Gain a deep understanding of our product, tooling, and infrastructure.
- Provide technical consultation to developers and work collaboratively to improve tooling and process.
- Support development teams in daily build production and troubleshoot continuous integration pipeline issues.
- Write secure, production infrastructure automation code for internal and customer-facing environments.
- Design, maintain, and monitor for regulatory compliance (HIPAA & FDA).
- Perform daily operations and maintenance of our internal and customer-facing production environments.
- Monitor infrastructure, services, and operating systems for stability, performance, and security.
- Ensure the integrity and protection (security, backups) of our electronic protected health information (ePHI) data. Ensure service availability in the event of isolated and widespread failure of physical infrastructure including disaster response and recovery.
- Drive troubleshooting and root cause analysis for internal and customer-facing production issues both hardware and software.
- Work closely with the IT team to identify automation opportunities and applicable Infrastructure as Code and DevOps practices and be a mentor to the IT team in furthering their success in adoption.
- Share in the 24/7 on call support of our production infrastructure.
- Generate and maintain documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in operating system configuration management systems (Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or equivalent).
- 3+ years experience in writing small to medium-sized scripts and tools in PowerShell.
- 3+ years experience in automation and customization on the Windows IoT (formerly Windows Embedded) operating system.
- 3+ years experience in administration on the Windows Server operating system.
- 1+ years experience in administration on the Linux operating system.
- 1+ years experience in administration and Infrastructure as Code engineering on a public cloud platform (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or equivalent).
- 1+ years experience in build management and continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Team City, or equivalent).
- Expertise in the Python and Bash programming languages.
- General knowledge of the MySQL and MSSQL database platforms.
- Experience in the healthcare industry with a knowledge of HIPAA and FDA regulatory requirements.
- Self-driven in a fast-paced environment able to multitask effectively.
Our Awesome Perks!
- Generous PTO available immediately to all new hires
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Monthly commuter stipend up to $130 for parking, public transit, or UberPool
- We pay 100% of employee insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) premiums (and 80% of dependent premiums)
- 401k Plan
- Casual Environment
- Company volunteer days
- Awesome downtown office location — Lots of sun and views!
- Tons of team events (in and out of office)
- Fully stocked drinks, fruit, and snacks!
- Mac or PC — you choose!
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings including partnerships with local gyms and in-office yoga