Senior Software Dev 2
Start date: Now
Location: San Diego
Compensation: Salary & Benefits
We are seeking talented Senior Software Engineers to maintain and enhance the backend services which support our innovative healthcare offerings.
- Are you a Software Engineer experienced with Go, or with motivation and talent to learn the required skills rapidly?
- Do you have an understanding of the fundamentals of data and information security, and the knowledge to their application within software?
- Are you interested in making a meaningful change in patient lives by building systems to monitor and analyze physical therapy and guiding the patient to an optimal recovery?
Come join a talented Product Development team creating a tele-rehabilitation platform that combines modern day sensor data, game tech, and the power of internet services -- with decades of clinical and therapeutic expertise.
What You’ll Do
- Join a team of experienced software engineers to help expand and develop our backend services and databases built using Golang and MySQL.
- Design, implement and maintain core systems of the application.
- Work in a cross functional, mission-driven team alongside Designers, Clinicians, and DevOps to help design, implement, and enhance rules engines and a JSON HTTP API that supports our front-end applications.
What You’ve Done
- Experience developing in a professional setting (practical, hands-on experience with internet services, databases, and internet infrastructure).
- 3+ years professional experience working in either Go, C, C++, or Python, with the ability to be proficient in Golang by the time you're hired.
- Delivered high-quality work on time to specification while balancing competing priorities.
- Solid communication skills; in code, in discussion, and in writing
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Experience with distributed source control solutions (we use Git)
- Either: 4+ years of industry experience OR received a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Bonus Points For
- More in depth Golang or SQL experience, for example:
- Experience as a database administrator
- Experience building network services in Go
- Enough familiarity with Ruby on Rails, to be able to read and re-implement our well-tested legacy code.
- Familiarity with using scripting languages (primarily Python) to build development and automation tools.
- Experience in a Clinical setting or Healthcare Information Technology
- Experience in a Startup environment